Charter businesses should contact the Seward Small Boat Harbor at 907-224-4350 for additional paperwork such as registration to collect passenger fees and insurance required by City Code to operate as a charter business.
Vehicles for Hire (Taxis) require additional permitting from the clerk's office:
- A completed vehicle for hire application for each vehicle used for a for-hire service. A $100 permit fee is charged for each vehicle. See the forms section below for the permit application.
- Proof of valid insurance on each vehicle intended for hire.
- Proof of a valid chauffeur's license for each listed driver on the vehicle for hire permit application.
Lodging Businesses or B&Bs with 5 or less rooms are required to obtain a lodging permit from the clerk's office:
- Compliance from the Community Development Department that the use is zoned correctly and allowed outright (please see this department FIRST before pursuing a lodging permit).
- A successful annual life safety inspection conducted by the Seward Fire Department.
Door-to-Door Solicitors - click here for information