The Jesse Lee Home
Contact the City Clerk's Office to inquire about applying for this commission.
View our Full Site at http://www.cityofseward.us/hpcweb
The Historic Preservation Commission is required to meet at least twice each year. Currently, the Commission meets on the third Wednesday of each month with work sessions scheduled as needed. Membership on the Commission is open to citizens of The City of Seward and surrounding areas. The commission has the following duties:
- Surveys and inventories community historic resources;
- Reviews proposed nominations to the National Register of Historic Places;
- Provides advice and information regarding the identification and protection of local historic and archaeological resources;
- Supports the enforcement of state and local historic preservation laws;
- Reviews and makes recommendations about local projects;
- Develops a local historic plan; and
- May give periodic reports to the city council at the Council's regular scheduled meetings.