What You Need
Please Make An Appointment
- 1 passport photo (available at Grant Electronics)
- 1 certified birth certificate (not a copy)
- 1 check made out to U.S. Department of State
- $110 (passport book, 16 or older)
- $ 80 (passport book, under 16)
- $ 30 (passport card, 16 or older)
- $ 15 (passport card, under 16)
- Add $60 to any of these if expediting your passport
- 1 $25 check made out to Seward Community Library
- 1 driver's license/government photo ID
- 1 filled out passport application WITHOUT a signature
It is important to call and make an appointment with us. Though we have five staff members who are qualified to execute a passport, staff consistency and busy moments vary. In order to properly dedicate the time we need to review your passport and materials, we need to arrange this important meeting. Most appointments last no longer than 15-20 minutes per application.
How Long It Takes
Currently, routine passports take between 6 weeks to process. Expedited passports take approximately 2-3 weeks.
The U.S. Department of State website is an excellent resource to find more answers or track your currently processing passport. Visit travel.state.gov
for more inquiries.
The Library Museum currently has a Notary Public available during open hours. Please call ahead to
verify that a notary is in for timely notary service.
A FAX machine is available for
incoming and outgoing faxes at the Library. Rates are as follows: $2.00
for faxes 10 pages and under, $5.00 for faxes over 10 pages. Our FAX number is (907) 224-3521.
and white copies can be made at the library for a fee of $0.20 per
copy. Color copies and photo scanning are sometimes available upon
request. Prices vary, depending upon requested task.
Up to 5 pages on recycled paper is free. School age students get 10 free pages to print school reports.
Pubic Access Computers Available
Special thanks to the OWL Program
and the State of Alaska for providing additional public access computers!
Test Proctoring Available