Seward Community Library & Museum
100% Committed to Serving Seward Safely!
LIMITED SERVICES BY RESERVATION AND WALK IN
Reservations encouraged, but not required. Call or email before visiting for the most efficient service and to reduce waiting and contact time.
Services available Wed-Sat, 11am-5pm
Strict COVID-19 Mitigation
Based on Alaska and CDC health authority guidelines for the public and staff to slow the spread of COVID-19 among patrons, visitors and staff.
- Universal Face Coverings (free locally made fabric masks available while supplies last)
- No COVID-19 Symptoms
- Social Distancing
- Hygienic Practices
- Disinfecting Protocols (janitors and staff)
A temporary library front desk has been set up in the Atrium on the first floor for COVID-19 mitigation purposes. We continue to offer curbside services, reservations, and quarantining materials 72 hours prior to pick up, for those who wish to reduce contact with others. Services are subject to change as the COVID-19 situation changes.
- Museum Exhibit Visits: 1-5pm, Wed-Sat. Limited admission with extra social distancing and adaptations to space.
- Public Access Computers: 45 minutes in temporary set up in Community Room.
- Self-Service Copying, Printing, Scanning: Plain B/W 8.5x11 paper.
- Limited Library Collection Browsing: Limited number of people may browse the collection for up to 20 minutes. All materials will be checked out for four weeks and overdue fines continue to be forgiven.
- Local Holds Enabled: Holds for our local collection have been increased from 3 to 6 items. Holds from other libraries have not resumed. Regular card holders may place holds through the online catalog, or call or email for assistance. Regular card holders still have a 50 item limit. Visit our Library Services webpage for more details. www.cityofseward.us/departments/library-museum/library-services
- Auto-Renewals Enabled: Seward items without holds will automatically be renewed prior to due date for the traditional loan period of the item. Please call to request a custom due date.
- Curbside Library Delivery: Place online holds or contact us for details and assistance and make a reservation for pick up.
- New Library Card Accounts: New Regular and Temporary card registrations are now being accepted. Call, email or visit the Library Services page for more information.
- Virtual Community Summer Reading Challenge: Press coming soon. Details updated at www.cityofseward.us/departments/library-museum/summer-reading-challenge
Contact us Mon-Sat, 10am-6pm, to coordinate needs in advance, to make a reservation, if you have questions or need assistance.
- Services and procedures are subject to change due to a highly fluid COVID-19 situation and staff capacity.
- Additional services may be offered to the public on a trial basis prior to public advertising to ensure we have procedures and protocols in place to provide services as safely as possible.
- We've always had FREE 24/7 WiFi outside our building, no password.
- ALL library loan due dates prior to closure are extended to June 30.
- ALL Seward item overdue fines during this time will be forgiven.
- Complete an online request form for digital material for the Alaska Digital Library at bit.ly/ADLrequests.
- No color copies, faxing, notaries or meeting spaces at this time.
- No passport application appointments. Passports may still be renewed via mail, but expedited service is not available and routine services are significantly delayed. Do not submit the expedite fee until further notice. For current information, visit travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/passport-covid-19.html.
- During the entire public health emergency, staff have been carrying on their regular tasks as well as creating and implementing new operations and programs due to COVID-19.