Dedicated to the protection of life and property through prevention, education, and emergency response.
In 2006 Seward Volunteer Fire Fighters celebrated 100 years of service. Seward Fire Department and the City of Seward have an ISO classification of a 3/3Y. The Seward Fire Department consists of the Fire Chief, the Deputy Fire Chief, and an Administrative Assistant along with 25 dedicated volunteer firefighters and auxiliary members. Our members give their time and energy to the community by performing the following services:
- Fire Suppression - Structural, Marine, and Wildland/Urban Interface
- Fire & Life Safety Inspections
- Auto Extrication
- Fire Prevention & Education
- Mountain and Water Rescue
- Mutual Aid with other agencies
If you are interested in volunteering with the Fire Department, Firefighter or auxiliary positions are open. Stop by the Fire Station at 316 Fourth Avenue during business hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm) to pick up an application or come to one of our trainings.
Volunteer Fire Training occurs every Wednesday at 7:00 PM at the Fire Hall!
The Seward Volunteers sell T-Shirts, Patches, and Stickers, stop by the station to purchase.
To schedule a Station Tour, Public Education at your facility or a home/business life safety inspection, please call the office during business hours.
- Tsunami Evacuation Information (from the State of Alaska Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management)
Emergency Operations Plan
- Complete Plan
- Cover Page and Introduction
- Section 1: Background and Overview
- Section 2: Disaster Preparedness and Hazard Mitigation
- Section 3: Plan Activation and Disaster Declaration
- Section 4: Organizing for Emergencies
- Section 5: Alert, Warning and Evacuation
- Section 6: Response Actions
- Section 7: Incident Communications
- Section 8: Sheltering and Feeding
- Section 9: Public Health and Multi-Casualty Incidents
- Section 10: Cruise Ship Incidents
- Section 11: Oil Spills and Hazardous Materials Incidents
- Section 12: Terrorism & WMB Incidents
- Section 13: Post-Incident Actions
- Section 14: Resource Guide
- Appendix A: Index of Forms
- Appendices B and C, Sensitive Information and Telephone Directory, are not available in the public version.
- Appendix D: Acronyms, Abbreviations & Glossary
- Appendix E: Resource Data Sheets