Connecting Our Community, Sharing Our Stories
The Seward Community Library & Museum is a unique combined public library, museum, archives and community center serving Seward and the surrounding area providing opportunities for equal access to information, technology, lifelong learning, community enrichment, and the preservation of Seward’s heritage.
CLOSED UNTIL APRIL 24
The City of Seward moved to a Level III Emergency Operations level in response to the COVID-19 pandemic on March 17th and all City offices, with the exception of Public Safety, were closed to the public until April 24th, or until otherwise determined.
City of Seward COVID-19 Information: Visit this webpage for City COVID-19 updates through Press Releases, Situation Reports, and other documentation.
City Public Information Line: Call 907-224-4015 for more information or to ask questions. Messages will be responded to.
Library & Museum Updates
- Director Kingsland and other staff will answer incoming calls and emails as she is able. You may contact her directly at 907-244-4008 or email@example.com.
ALL library loans have been extended to May 15, including those from other libraries. Call or email if your items are not due May 15th.
ALL Seward item overdue fines will be forgiven through the month of April, which is our annual tradition for Library Amnesty Month.
Holds are also temporarily suspended.
Hiring for Part-time Aide and Seasonal Aide positions are postponed at this time.
Concerned you have COVID-19?
- Providence's Coronavirus Assessment Tool: Use this tool to assess your risk.
- Emory Coronavirus Checker: Use this tool to check your risk and symptoms.
- Call ahead before going to any clinic, hospital or emergency room.
Helpful COVID-19 Links
There's a tremendous amount of information about the Coronavirus and COVID-19 Disease to evaluate. Here are a few we find helpful:
- AK Health & Social Services (DHSS) COVID-19
- AK Governor COVID-19 News & Video
- AK Homeland Security & Emergency Management Coronavirus state, regional and local mandates, press releases, notices and information
- AK 211: Call 211 or 1-800-478-2221, 7am-8pm, 7 days a week, for non-clinical questions.
- Center of Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus
- US President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America (pdf)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Coronavirus: Latest NIH research
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) List N: Disinfectant list
- Harvard Health Coronavirus Resource Center: Questions and answers
- John Hopkins University COVID-19 Interactive Map
- World Health Organization (WHO) Rolling COVID-19 Updates
- NewsGuard Coronavirus Misinformation Tracking Center
10 minutes of your time is worth 10 years of economic benefit and impact to Alaska and our communities!
YES, the Census is still taking place and you can still make a difference!
- Take the ONLINE questionnaire at my2020census.gov
- You can also take the Census by PHONE, or MAIL
- Census Bureau counts people experiencing homelessness, March 30 - April
- Census Day: Tell Census Bureau where you live, April 1
- Alaska Counts: alaskacounts.org
- US Census: 2020census.gov/en.htm
2019-20 Winter Info (Sept. 17 - May 16)
- Monday: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Friday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Monday - Thursday: By advance appointment only
- Friday - Saturday: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Free Admission
Projected 2020 Summer Info (May 18* - Sept 16*)
*Dates subject to change
Projected Summer 2020 Library Hours
- Monday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday - Thursday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Friday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: CLOSED
Projected Summer 2020 Museum Hours
- Tuesday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Thanks to RBHS volunteers!)
- Monday: CLOSED
- Admission: $4 for ages 13+
- Cash only
Projected Summer 2020 MOVIES@2
Join us Summer 2020 (mid-May to mid-Sept) for a daily showing, Mon-Sat, 2-3pm, of the Iditarod National Historic Trail: A History followed immediately by the 1964 earthquake movie, Waves Over Seward. Donations appreciated. We are the only place to view these Alaskan historical movies on a regular basis. Thank you to the Iditarod Historic Trail Alliance and the Seward Community Library Association for giving us permission to show their movie to the public!
Alaska Library Catalog
Regular library card holders have access to the Alaska Library Catalog (ALC), a consortium of 87 libraries serving over 92% of Alaska with 3.2 million titles.
AK Digital Library/OverDrive
Regular library card holders also have access to a consortium for eBooks and audiobooks (formerly known as ListenAlaska).
View our calendar or connect with us on Facebook for updates and events