Passport Acceptance Facility
The Seward Community Library & Museum is a U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility, which allows us to accept US. passport applications under the guidelines of, and on behalf of, the United States Department of State.
We are not part of the application process beyond this function and have a limited availability of Passport Acceptance Agents.
You may be able to renew your passport. Visit Renew a Passport by Mail or stop by for an application.
Due to the issues with the Alaska state identification cards and the Read ID Act, we are seeing a rise in U.S. Passport questions and requests for appointments.
Plan far in advance to your need. It is recommended that applications be submitted at least two months prior to need. Be aware of the limited staff availability for appointments due to the many other duties that library staff are required to fulfill.
Schedule an Appointment
An appointment must be scheduled in advance in order to process an application after all parts of the application have been fully prepared. Please use black ink only and don't sign the application(s)!
Call (907) 224-4082 to review your application(s) for completeness and schedule an appointment with a passport agent.
An incomplete application, missing information, or tardiness will result in cancellation of the appointment.
Routine passports take 6-8 weeks to process. Expedited passports take approximately 3 weeks. Please plan at least two months in advance to your need.
Prepare for your appointment using the checklist below or download our Passport Application Checklist (coming soon!).
- 1 acceptable passport photo (do not wear glasses)
- 1 certified birth certificate (not a copy)
- 1 check made out to U.S. Department of State
- $110 (passport book, 16 or older)
- $ 80 (passport book, under 16)
- $ 30 (passport card, 16 or older)
- $ 15 (passport card, under 16)
- Add $60 to any of these if expediting your passport
- 1 $35 check made out to Seward Community Library & Museum (cash acceptable)
- 1 driver's license/government photo ID
- 1 passport application filled out in black ink and without a signature
The U.S. Department of State website is an excellent resource to find more answers or track your currently processing passport. Visit travel.state.gov for more information.
Other locations for nearby Passport Acceptance Facilities are the Cooper Landing, Soldotna, Kenai and Anchorage Post Offices. Search online for additional locations at iafdb.travel.state.gov.