Most positions require a valid Alaska driver’s license. Successful applicants must pass a background investigation and drug testing. Preference may be given to current City employees. An application for employment can be obtained by clicking the link below, in the lobby of City of Seward office building, 410 Adams Street, 907-224-4074 or by emailing HR@cityofseward.net.
- All positions open will be open until filled.
- Affirmative Action: All qualified applicants will be considered. Minority, women, disabled veterans, campaign badge veterans, recently separated veterans or disabled are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Seward is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Seasonal Parks & Rec Jobs
As you compete for Seasonal jobs, please include the following to help determine who we will consider and interview:
- The City Employment Application form is found on-line at Job Descriptions & Application for Employment. Follow the directions. Ensure the three, listed references have updated phone numbers and email addresses for efficient communication with our Personnel office.
- Please include a brief cover letter describing your interest in the position and dates you are first/last available for work and any following dates that you may be unavailable
- Supplemental resumes and letters of recommendation are welcomed, but not required
All of the above may be sent electronically to Riley Shurtleff, Personnel Officer at HR@cityofseward.net, faxed to 907-224-3577, or delivered to City Hall at 410 Adams Street (5th Ave & Adams Street), Seward, Alaska 99664.
Please read the complete job description(s) before you apply.
If you do not hear from the Department of Parks and Recreation within two weeks of your application, please feel free to contact the Personnel Office at 907-224-4074.
The City of Seward is currently hiring for the following positions:
|ALPAR Crew Leader||Seasonal||Open Until Filled||$14.71/hr|
|ALPAR Teen Litter Patrol Crew||Not Specified||Open Until Filled||AK State Minimum Wage, up to 20 hrs/week|
|Campground Attendant I-II||Seasonal||Open Until Filled||$14.71/hr, Starting|
|Correctional Officer||Full Time||Open Until Filled||$18.47/Hour|
|Gardener||Seasonal||Open Until Filled||$14.71/hr|
|Harbor Summer Aide - Full Time Seasonal||Full Time||Open Until Filled||$14.36/hr (Range 5.5A)|
|Harbor Summer Aide - Part Time Seasonal||Part Time||Open Until Filled||$14.36/hr (Range 5.5 A)|
|Parking Lot Attendant||Seasonal||Open Until Filled||$14.71/hr|
|Parking Operations Supervisor||Seasonal||Open Until Filled||$19.82/hr|
|Parking Operations Technician||Seasonal||Open Until Filled||$17.06/hr|
|Parks Maintenance Aide||Seasonal||Open Until Filled||$11.49/hr|
|Parks Maintenance Worker I-III||Seasonal||Open Until Filled||$17.06/hr Starting|
|Patrol Officer Recruit||Full Time||Open Until Filled||$27.97/hr|
|Recreation Assistant||Full Time||Open Until Filled||$16.23/hr (Range 8.0A)|
|Seasonal Program Aide Full/Part Time||Seasonal||Open Until Filled||$14.71/hr|