Responsible for operations of the Water and Wastewater utilities, the Street Department, the City Shop, and limited Municipal Building maintenance. It is our mission to provide the City of Seward residents with prompt service and maintenance in a cost effective manner. The majority of our work consists of maintenance, repairs, and improvements of the City's streets, utilities, and equipment.
- Maintaining approximately 31 miles of paved and unpaved roads.
- Maintenance of 28+ miles of both water distribution and wastewater collection main lines.
- Maintaining the City's fleet of vehicles.
- Providing snow removal and sanding for safe roads in the winter months.
- Performing limited building maintenance in City owned buildings.
GIS and Mapping Portal
Public Works Permits
** 811 ALASKA DIGLINE - call before you dig! **
Seward Water Quality Testing Reports
Each year the City of Seward provides Water Quality Testing Reports to its citizens, demonstrating that ensuring the highest quality water possible is a top priority.