The Planning and Zoning Commission meets on the first Tuesday of each month.
Work sessions or special meetings are usually scheduled on the third Tuesday of each month. All meetings and records of the Commission are open to the public.
The Commission is composed of seven volunteer residents appointed by the City Council for staggered terms of three years. All commission members must live within The City of Seward.
The Commission performs the following duties:
- Interprets the provisions of the Zoning Code and makes compliance determinations when requested by Administration;
- Reviews and acts upon requests for variance permits, conditional use permits and other matters requiring consideration under the Seward Zoning Code;
- Reviews the city comprehensive plan on an annual basis, conducts a minimum of one public hearing and forwards recommendations to the Council for consideration;
- Promotes public interest and understanding of comprehensive planning, platting, zoning, land management and other issues relating to community planning and development;
- Acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council regarding the Zoning Code, the comprehensive plan, official zoning map, official land use plan map and other duties as requested by the City Council; and
- Acts in an advisory capacity to the borough planning commission regarding subdivision plat proposals; right-of-way and easement vacation petitions; borough comprehensive plan and coastal zone management plan development, updates and amendments; and city comprehensive plan amendments not otherwise delegated to The City of Seward.
Jackie C. Wilde, Community Development Planner
Staff for P&Z Commission
Cindy Ecklund, Chair (Term Expires 02/2023)
Gary Seese (Term Expires 02/2022)
Tom Swann (Term Expires 02/2022)
Kelli Hatfield (Term Expires 02/2021)
Craig Ambrosiani (Term Expires 02/2022)
Nathaniel Charbonneau (Term Expires 02/2021)
Liz DeMoss (Term Expires 02/2023)