Contact the City Clerk's Office to inquire about applying for this commission.
The Port and Commerce Advisory Board meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month.
Membership on the Board is open to citizens of Seward and surrounding areas.
If appointed at Council's organizational meeting in October, the council's representative to the Kenai Peninsula Borough Economic Development District is the liaison to this board, attends its meetings, and reports regularly to the Council regarding its activities. If a liaison was not appointed, a member of this board will be appointed to give periodic reports to the city council. It is the responsibility of the board to:
- Report annually to the City Council at the first Council meeting of the new fiscal year and at any other time as may be requested by the Council;
- Make recommendations to the City Council concerning the design and coordination of projects to promote and develop domestic and international transportation and trade links through the port of Seward;
- Provide input to the City Council on matters involving the establishment of industry related to the movement of fish resources and bulk commodities such as coal, grainy timber, minerals and other resources from Alaska through the port of Seward;
- Advise the City Council on matters involving the establishment of support services pertaining to the port of Seward; and
- Perform other duties as requested by the City Council.
This Board will automatically dissolve if not continued by the affirmative vote of the first meeting of the year.
Port & Commerce Advisory Board
- Laura Schneider, Chair: 907-671-7022
- Bruce Jaffa, Vice Chair: 907-240-0362
- Carl Hughes: 907-362-3474
- Colby Lawrence: 907-491-0335
- Lynda Paquette: 907-491-2378
- Erin Lemas: 907-224-2500
- Benjamin Smith: 808-292-7939